Welcome to Tollgate
The views of rolling farmland available around the Michigan State University Tollgate Education Center are practically unknown elsewhere in present-day Oakland County, making it one of the original historical sites of Novi, Michigan. The 160 acre farmstead is currently owned by Michigan State University, College of Agriculture and Natural Resources and the Americana Foundation. Its amazing past can be discovered in our History link.
The MSU Tollgate farm site represents a working farm with animals and retired draft horses from Greenfield Village, the prime
- Site of the MSU Tollgate Education Conference Center, rental of facilities
- Home of MSU Extension Tollgate Programs
offer educational opportunities to school, groups, families,
organizations, and community members in an experiential setting. For
more information about education programs go to Experience Tollgate.
- Home of the Americana Foundation and Executive Office
- Home of the MSU Extension District 11 Office which represents administration of the Extension Services of Oakland, Macomb, and Wayne Counties, and Extension staff offices.
- Beautiful manicured gardens areas and rustic grounds.
Michigan State University and Extension regularly use Tollgate to host a variety of educational programs and classes such as:
- Homeowner horticulture
- Demonstration gardens
- Topics of interest to the turf and landscape industries
- Woodlot management
- Pond, lake, river and other aquatic management
- Agriculture and natural resources
- On-site waste water treatment
- Emerald Ash Borer research
There are many offerings at the MSU Tollgate Farm site.