Preschool Visits to the Farm
Tollgate Farm offers engaging, hands-on educational field trips to school groups, including preschools. Field trip programs include Maple Sugaring, Baby Animals, and Harvest Farm Ecology.
Visit our School Field Trips page for more information about our two-hour field trip programs.
TOLL (Teaching Outdoors Learning Lab)
Preschool programs are invited to host their morning or afternoon session on the farm! For the duration of three hours, preschools will have access to our classroom space, which is outfitted with connected bathrooms, sinks, low tables and chairs, a rug area to host large group time, an easel, and a sensory table. MSU Tollgate education staff will guide a 1.5-hour farm experience featuring farm animals, gardens, and/or pond exploration. We are able to customize the program to better connect to classroom learning.
This program is available in the fall, late-winter, and spring. Please contact the Early Childhood Coordinator to discuss availability and pricing.
- a guided 1-1.5 hour hands-on field trip which includes interaction with the farm animals
- access to a variety of outdoor environments (forest, pasture, pond, farmland, gardens)
- the potential to plant seeds and use the educational gardens for teaching
- educators who are on-site for the duration of the session to assist in hiking locations
- classroom extension activities and resources
Financial Aid Information
MSU Tollgate Farm and Education Center offers financial aid for eligible youth groups thanks to the help of the Americana Foundation and individual and corporate sponsors.
Please e-mail the Early Childhood Coordinator for further information regarding the application process.